Benefits of Ganoderma
Benefits of Ganoderma
A lot of buzz has been raised about Ganoderma thanks to its numerous health benefits. While there are several species of Ganoderma mushrooms, the one that people usually refer to is Ganoderma lucidum, otherwise known as reiishi mushroom. This article takes a look at some of the health benefits attributed to this species of Ganoderma mushroom.
Some of the health benefits you can experience by taking products containing Ganoderma are:
• Higher immunity to allergens. Ganoderma can make you more resistant to allergens, good news for those who are prone to break out in hives or sneezes because of various triggers.
• Lower cholesterol levels. Those who struggle with high cholesterol can take Ganoderma in order to lower it.
• Maintains blood sugar levels. Ganoderma can actually lower blood sugar levels, thanks to the mushroom's ability to enhance peripheral tissue utilization of glucose as well as its ability to enhance the liver's ability to metabolize glucose.
• Higher immunity. Ganoderma can improve your resistance to a wide variety of illnesses, thanks to its high level of antioxidants. It has also been shown to help the body fight bacteria, especially those belonging to the Staphylococci, Streptococci, and Bacillus pneumoniae strains. It even has antiviral properties. Initial studies also suggest that it can actually make you less at risk of developing cancer. It has also been shown to play a key role in slowing down cancel cell growth when combined with green tea. Studies have also shown that Ganoderma can actually impede tumor growth.
• Improves blood circulation. Ganoderma can improve blood circulation, and it can even correct blood circulatory imbalance.
• Urinary tract infection relief. Those who suffer from bladder problems can take Ganoderma in order to find relief from their problem.
• Improves metabolism. Ganoderma has been shown to have a positive effect on metabolism, helping people avoid gaining weight.
• Anti-aging. The antioxidants in Ganoderma can help combat the free radicals that are known to cause the signs of aging. The mushroom has also long been used to prolong live.
• Detoxification. Ganoderma has also been shown to help eliminate the harmful toxins in the body. It can also rejuvenate your cells.
• Anti-inflammatory. Ganoderma can actually help fight against inflammation. A study indicated that 50 mg of the powder form of this mushroom creates effects comparable to 5 mg of hydrocortisone.
• Helps treat respiratory ailments. Ganoderma has been shown to be a viable medication for bronchitis and bronchial asthma. It can also aid in the regeneration of bronchial epithelium. It has also been shown to work effectively as an expectorant and antitussive that will help flush the mucus in your respiratory system.
• Helps prevent altitude sickness. Ganoderma improves blood oxygenation to reduce the possibility of experiencing altitude sickness. In fact, there are Asian mountain climbers who actually take this mushroom in order to avoid experiencing altitude sickness on their climbs.
• Has calming effects. Ganoderma may be used to help treat anxiety thanks to its calming effect.
These are only some of the benefits attributed to Ganoderma. While it's been shown to have a lot of positive effects on people, do note that this isn't recommended for everyone. Be sure to talk with your doctor before taking any supplements or products containing Ganoderma to ensure that you won't experience any problems due to this mushroom.